Sunday, February 12, 2006

Youth Advance 2006

Well, this past week has been spent trying to catch up on the sleep I missed last weekend at YA. I went there with Sara and Andrew and another youth leader with 10 of our youth--and it was SOOOOO much fun! It was interesting to see the event from a leader's perspective (I had done the youth advancer and student thing). I think I prefer it, being a leader.
And I'm so proud of the way that my youth's actions and attitudes all weekend. They just tried to make the most of every opportunity (even though we were all dead tired by the time we got there, after leaving Winnipeg at 6am!). And it was awesome to see God working in their hearts.
As there were 14 of us in a 15 passenger van, I was a liiittttle leary of how the road trip would go, especially on the way back. But God blessed us with an amazing sharing time the last 3 hours of the trip! Dan King (the prayer guy) talked about Jesus' "theology of road trips"--and I can totally see the truth in that. Those "together" (and somewhat confined) experiences just open up doors that might not otherwise be open.

5 Comments:

At 9:35 a.m., Blogger karis said...

That's awesome Sharon! Was it kind of weird too (being back)? Glad to hear about how you could connect -- those times are amazing!

 
At 9:26 a.m., Blogger Janelle said...

i wish i could have seen you all when you were out here! i'm glad you had a good time!!

 
At 7:43 a.m., Blogger Cordella said...

I have been thinking of the 'theology of roadtrips' and I have decided that is a beautiful idea. And I think we should go on one day!

 
At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Tam said...

Glad you had fun. I too enjoyed doing the leader thing(though not this year). I liked that u could escape in the library all decked out for leaders. :)
It's neat how things work out-our youth group theme this year is roadtrip as well. :)

 
At 10:54 a.m., Blogger bob said...

I totally believe in "road trip theology." Glad you had a good time... Bethany's the best!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home