Thursday, December 08, 2005

come rain or shine

As I was walking to the bus stop this morning, I had the song "Blessed be Your Name" in my head:


"...Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord..."

It made me think of how UNTRUE this is for me.
Sure, I was praising God this morning--because "the world's all as it should be." But where was my praise when I was struggling with some friendship problems last week? Or where was it when God slammed a door shut last year? I wasn't thinking of praising God very much in the midst of my pity parties.

It's so easy to focus on ME and MY situations that I forget just who is this God I'm serving. Hello, Sharon, He's the one who created the universe, who created YOU, who is in control of all, who gave His life for you, who is deeply in love with you even though you don't deserve it at all, who is faithful and will never desert you! So praise Him!

God--help me to get it!


EN LA LLUVIA O EL SOL
Mientras caminando al bus este manana, tuve una cancion en mi mente: "Bendito Sea Tu Nombre."
Sigue algo asi:
...Bendito sea Tu nombre
Cuando hay sol
Cuando todo en el mundo esta correcto
Bendito sea Tu nombre

Bendito sea Tu nombre
En el camino de dolencia
Cuando me duele dar el ofrecimiento
Bendito sea Tu nombre

Cada bendicion que Tu me das,
Te dare la alabanza
Y cuando todo es oscuro,
Todavia dire,
Bendito sea el nombre del Senor..."

Me puso a pensar--mi vida no ha demonstrado que creo las palabras de este cancion.
Bueno, si, alabe al Senor este manana, cuando todo en el mundo estuvo correcto--pero donde estuvo mi alabanza cuando estuve luchando con un amistad? O cuando Dios cerro una puerta muy fuerta el ano pasado? No estaba pensando en alabando a Dios en estos momentos.

Tan facil es pensar en YO y en MIS circunstancias--y se me olvida quien es este Dios que sirvo. Hola, Sharon--El es lo quien creo el universo, El TE creo, El tiene el control de todo, El dio su vida para ti, El te ama tan fuerte--aunque no lo mereces. El es tan fiel--y nunca te abandonara! Entonces...alabar al Senor!

Dios--ayudame entenderlo!

2 Comments:

At 11:37 a.m., Blogger Cordella said...

I love this song, it is seriously one of my favorites but I haven't felt like this in ages. Maybe I should take the time and read the words again!

 
At 10:24 a.m., Blogger karis said...

hey -- I had no idea about this little "spot" on the net. . . thanks for your encouragements, and I was "spoken to" through your words -- you have a great way of sharing, and it's neat to get these glimpses into your life! (I'm also really impressed at your Spanish by the way -- good for you!!) I have a question -- how do you get the links / websites / etc. section on the right side of your website?? love ya and can't wait to see you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home