Friday, December 23, 2005

thoughts...


I recently read the book "The Yadda Yadda Prayer Group." It was very interesting--recommend it. I liked the way it pushed me to think about cultural and demoninational walls that we sometimes put up in the church.
Something that impacted me was the way the book illustrated how easy it is to forget our need for grace--especially when we start comparing ourselves to other people who have "bigger" issues than us. And, then, like in the book, a situation is sent (or arises out of our own actions/decisions) that shoves our need for grace right in our faces.
I had one of those experiences this week--it was really difficult but it was good because I was reminded once again of my daily (minutely!) need for Jesus. I'm always blown away by his patience with me!


Recien, lei el libro "The Yadda Yadda Prayer Group." Es muy, muy interessante. Me gusta como habla de los pareds (cultural o demonincacional) que aveces construimos en la iglesia.
Algo que me impacto fue como el libro illustro cuan facil es olivdar nuestro necesidad por la gracia--especialmente cuando hagamos un comparison entre nosotros y otros con pecados "mas grande" que nuestros. Y despues, como en el libro, una situacion viene (muchas veces a cause de nuestros acciones/decisiones) que nos muestra muy, muy claramente nuestra necesidad por gracia.
Tuve una de estes experiencias este semana--fue dificil pero tambien bueno porque pude recordar otra vez mi necesidad cada dia (cada minuto!) por Jesus y su gracia. Siempre estoy tan agradecido por su paciencia conmigo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home