Saturday, January 28, 2006

a scrabbler--and proud of it!

I just came back from an evening of playing games with Cordella--wow, what a lot of fun! It's something that I definitely don't do enough of. Of course, my competitive nature does tend to rise up occasionally (Dutch Blitz, anyone?...Karis? ;))but I think I kept myself in check today.

And it was nice to be able to find someone (outside my family) who actually appreciates the game of Scrabble! Actually, on New Years I met someone who is a Scrabble fanatic--whose passion quite surpasses my like for the game. He owns something like 7 scrabble games (although, I might add, he doesn't own the lazy Susan turntable one that my family does ;b). He even knew his best word score ever(something like 230 points!). Ok, so my love doesn't go quite that far but it IS a vonderful gut game (to steal a line).

Anyways, thanks for the support over my grade 7 class scenario--I'm all done (phew!) and it did end up going better by the end (the teacher took out the troublemakers). Some of the kids were actually kind of sweet...in a lippy sort of way!



Tuve una noche muy chevere con mi amiga, Cordella. Solamente jugemos juegos (yo se que no debo decirlo asi, pero no me acuerdo como decirlo differente!) Bueno, aveces es los tiempos muy sencillo que son los mas especiales. Es algo que necesito hacer mas (y necesito ver MENOS television!)

Y ya estoy terminado, dando presentaciones a los classes en el 7 grado. Al fin, fue mejor (el maestro tomo algunas estudiantes afuera de la classe) y de verdad, hay algunas ninos muy cheveres alla.

7 Comments:

At 9:22 a.m., Blogger karis said...

haha -- yeah, Dutch Blitz, eh? We were pretty tame at New Year's, though Sharon -- I think we can fairly say we've "grown" in that area!! Funny thing is, the games that have in Japan, two of them are scrabble and boggle -- yeah, don't get too many opportunities to play those with "non-native speakers" ;-)

 
At 4:49 p.m., Blogger Tam said...

i still remember a certain Halloween nite of Dutch Blitz in the old dorm....;) Sharon got pretty violent. haha, but it was fun. Man, i love playing games!! It is soo much cheaper then always going out for coffee and such and it's a 'social' thing instead of not talking through a movie.

 
At 12:21 p.m., Blogger Cordella said...

lol, makes me laugh just thinking about that guy on new years. Remember he had that new rules way of playing that he made up, something about being able to play onto the other side?? :) He looked so cute, who knew dorkiness was hiding underneath?:)

 
At 8:33 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

Maybe he was cute because he realized his own "dorkiness" and fully embraced it! ;)

 
At 10:52 a.m., Blogger bob said...

I don't know if we can say we've "grown" in the area of dutch blitz- I think that just means we haven't had a good ol' competitive game in a while! What do you say, Sharon? Dutch Blitz night?? Sounds like fun to me!

Can't say I'm a scrabble gal- I count my successes by number of letters I can put into a word and I think the max I ever hit was five (with three being the norm) :)

 
At 9:02 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

bring it on, bobby!

 
At 11:55 p.m., Blogger Dan King said...

hey ...

i'm interested in how you enjoyed bethany's youth advance??

let me know ... i had a blast!

::danKing::
danking.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home