Sunday, February 26, 2006

i love the olympics!


Well, it's done--can't wait for Vancouver 2010! Growing up, I always wanted to be a figure skater (of course, I can't really skate....ok, minor detail!)
I was just so impressed by the Canadian team this year--the way that they presented themselves both in and out of their sports--especially the speed skaters. I especially loved Cindy's humility and team-player-ness. That, and Clara's reaction to winning! Ya did us proud, ladies!

Bueno, los Olympics del invierno ya estan cumplido por este ano. Y los proximos estaran en Canada!!! Cuando era mas joven, siempre quise estar en los olympics--especialmente patinar al bailar. (bueno, no se patinar...pero solo es una detalle pequena ;)!)
Este ano, he estado muy, muy orgullosa del equipo canadiense. Sus acciones en su esportes (y en sus maneras de vivir) fueron ejemplos a todos--especialmente el equipo de "patinar rapido" (lo siento, no tengo ni idea cual es el termo correcto!). Hay dos mujere, Cindy Klassen y Clara Hughes (de mi linda cuidad de Winnipeg!) quien hicieron muy, muy bien. Cindy Klassen gano CINCO "medals"--pero cuan humilde es este mujer!!! Es chevere, porque es cristiana tambien y tuvo la oportunidad compartir su fe con otros a traves de su sports. Y Clara Hughes--fue cheverissimo ver su gozo cuando gano.
Bueno, a mi me encanta estes juegos!

4 Comments:

At 2:04 p.m., Blogger Cordella said...

Great post, I loved it!:)

 
At 11:32 p.m., Blogger Cordella said...

you're the best! Thanks for the study break, I almost got you to proof read my paper but already do too much for me:)

 
At 7:36 a.m., Blogger karis said...

that is exciting! I didn't watch much this year, but it was so neat to hear about Cindy in the speed skating and her attitude. have a great week!

 
At 2:45 a.m., Blogger Cordella said...

Do you know who the Mark is that left a message on my blog? I have no idea which Mark it is and I can't tell by the 'voice'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home