Tuesday, September 05, 2006

fruit juice, ice cream and ceviche

I think that I´ve been walking enough so that I won´t have gained much weight--´cause man is the food good here! I went to the beach on Sunday and got to eat ceviche (shrimp cocktail)......SO GOOD! And of course, there´s nothing like fresh watermelon or pineapple juice!

Time is flying by--in many ways it still is like a dream that I´m actually here. I definitely regret only giving myself 3 weeks here...still, I´ve been able to catch up with a lot of people.

I was talking with Ludy, my ¨Ecuadorian mom¨, and I was just blown away by her positive attitude. Life hasn´t been easy for her--but she has such faith and joy!

My time here has managed to make me more uncertain about my future, though. I had planned on coming back to Ecuador to work--but this summer I had started to explore other options. Being here, though....I love this place (and at the same time am sometimes incredibly frustrated by it!) I feel like my heart is in two places and that whatever decision I make, there will be both joy and pain. I know that God is leading me but right now there´s so many things/ideas/desires going around in my head and my heart that don´t quite make sense or fit together. Waiting periods can be a little frustrating (especially when every one´s asking what my plans are!)

1 Comments:

At 4:05 p.m., Blogger NotsNotes said...

Oh, you're making me jealous! Take lots of pictures, okay? It sounds like you're having such a great time. Enjoy it to the fullest! I'm so proud of you! Oh, and I got your pages you sent me. Thanks so much, they rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home