Tuesday, August 08, 2006

for all you pride and prejudice fans...

did you know that the new Pride and Prejudice movie has both American and British endings? I was talking with a friend from England and mentioned that I liked the ending of the new movie. She kind of had a knowing look in her eyes and asked "Which one?" Turns out the British version ends with Mr. Darcy and Lizzy in the field, although the "optional American ending" can be found in the extras. My friend found the American ending a little "cheesy"....ok maybe it is, but hey--I love cheese! And the producers guessed (rightly so) that so do the majority of North Americans.

I love Jane Austen, but I guess I can't properly call myself a purist......

3 Comments:

At 10:13 a.m., Blogger karina said...

that's funny. i actually really enjoyed that movie a lot myself. and i have to admit that i did like the american ending too :)

 
At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Cordella said...

what?!?! What ending is it?!?! I have to figure this out:)

 
At 6:18 p.m., Blogger Sharon said...

It's the "Mrs. Darcy" ending, when they're at Pemberly. That ending isn't in the British version (well, it's just in the extras). The British movie when they meet in the field in the early morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home