Monday, June 09, 2008

june already?

Well, my second cycle at CEDEI ended last week. It was a great cycle--I really ended up enjoying my children's classes, especially the opportunities to get my creative juices flowing. So, I started two weeks of holidays today--not going to do much, though--just go to Guayaquil for a week. My mom is coming to visit me (!) in July, so I'll save up my traveling for when she comes.

I was planning on returning back to Canada in the end of June....but I've been feeling for awhile that it would have just been too soon. Soooo, I've decided to stay longer, most likely until mid-December. It was a bit of a hard decision to make, but I feel at peace now that I've made it.

Some highlights/happenings in the last little while:
El Choro: My old students (from the first cycle) took me and their present teacher to go hiking up to some waterfalls, about an hour outside of Cuenca.
Girls' Night: Monica and I hosted two girls nights in our house for the girls from church. First, a fondue, and this past Friday a curry night (sitting on the floor, eating with the fingers and everything!)
Worship team: I got to play last Sunday night in church with some of the regulars from my team, but also with some more experienced players (gave the rest of us a lot more confidence, too).
Corpus Cristi: This is a week-long festival in Cuenca where they sell a lot of sweets and baking....a little hard to resist!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home